_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/_/
_/ _/ _/_/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/_/ _/ _/
_/_/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/ _/_/ _/_/_/
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
_/ _/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/_/
To Do List
|Last Updated : Febuary 12, 2011
||Latest Release : Development Version 0.6.3-1
What is it?
AzureGE is a multi-platform game engine. It is implemented mainly by using OpenGL and OpenAL. It has built-in
support for I/O, threading, networking, particle system, material generator, texture generator, and mesh/terrain
generator. It is intended mainly for creating Role Playing Game (RPG). However, it can also be adapted for other
types of game.
- Multi-platform (currently supports Linux and Windows).
- 2D bitmap manipulation utilities.
- 3D rendering using OpenGL, with support for:
- Hierarchical rendering (scene graph) and triggers.
- Particle system.
- Sky-box and sky-dome.
- Vertex-based 3D model animation.
- Material, texture, mesh, and terrain generators.
- Vertex and fragment shaders.
- Simple, themeable GUI toolkit.
- 3D positional audio using OpenAL, with support for:
- Wave audio playback for sound effect.
- Ogg-Vorbis audio playback for sound effect and background music.
- MIDI playback using software synthesizer (libTiMidity) for background music.
- Built-in support for I/O, threading, and networking.
Major future and near future plans :
- Support for UTF-8 text input and output.
- Support for skeletal-based 3D model animation.
- Support for RPG-style game mechanic.
If you are interested in a pure-software 3D renderer for the X Window environment (Linux), you may want to download
(note that the project is no longer maintained).
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Aloysius Indrayanto
This page is licensed under the GNU FDL version 1.3 or later